Thursday, February 4, 2010

USCIS to Issue Revised Approval Notices for Certain Forms I-129 and I-539

WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is alerting customers of certain Notices of Approval (Forms I-797) issued between Jan. 20 and Jan. 27, 2010, with incorrect or missing information. The form types impacted are Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker (Form I-129) and Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status (Form I-539).

USCIS has started mailing new approval notices with corrected information to affected I-129 petitioners and I-539 applicants. Petitioners and applicants who received incomplete or incorrect approval notices should not attempt to use them. USCIS estimates that approximately 500 incorrect Notices of Approval (Forms I-797) were issued.

These are examples of errors on the approval notices of affected petitioners and applicants:

  • For Form I-129, petitioners who requested multiple unnamed beneficiaries were issued an approval notice that lists only one unnamed beneficiary.
  • For Form I-539, some applicants were issued an approval notice with no validity dates listed.

If you know or believe that your Notice of Approval was issued with incorrect or missing information, and you do not receive a revised Notice of Approval by Monday, Feb. 8, please contact USCIS at:

Service Center

Type of Processing

Email Address

California Service Center

Regular

csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov

Premium

csc-premium.processing@dhs.gov

Vermont Service Center

Regular

vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

Premium

vsc-premium.processing@dhs.gov



Please include “Approval Notice Error” in the subject line of the email. Petitioners and applicants may also call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 for assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment